-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of C L Shaw
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 5:25 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] NF7-S BIOS won't boot

I did something stupid. I downloaded Abit's FlashMenu utility & used it to
update the BIOS on my NF7-S Ver. 2 board. Guess what? It won't boot at all
now. I don't even get any beeps. The power supply comes on along with all of
the fans (CPU, case, video card,etc.) as well as the hard drives &CDROMS.
But no beeps & a blank screen.

I have:
disonnected the power cable from the board & reconnected it. removed &
replaced the battery. removed & reseated the CPU & memory. cleared the CMOS
and several combinations of the above all without it booting.

If I could get it to boot enough to get to a floppy, I could at least
replace the old BIOS.

I'm sure this has come up before & if no one wants to start another thread
on this, I would appreciate anyone contact me privately with any
suggestions.

Abit has a really lame KB. I couldn't find any references any type of
problem like this. I KNOW they have had someone with this problem. I
certainly wouldn't recommend their Flash Menu utility. Just stick to the
good old boot disk routine.

Thanks in advance!!
--
C L Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>