At 09:26 AM 18/03/2005, Bobby Heid wrote:
I would think so.  Because the delay in speed is the movement of the heads.
So in your example, drive A (the slower one) can only move x amount of data
in a given amount of time.  The fragmentation causes a more or less constant
(for a given fragmentation scenario) time for head movement.  So drive B,
which has a higher transfer rate due to the higher RPM, can move more data
in a given amount of time.  Therefore, if you take away the fragmentation,
it will have a greater benefit from not being fragmented.

Sorry for the rambling answer.  Wasn't sure how to express what I was
thinking.  LOL.

No problem. Your explanation makes sense to me.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus]