At 09:59 AM 18/03/2005, Carroll Kong wrote:

Try this with SATA NCQ drives. I am curious on the results. By the way, how big was the file and how are the tests consistently performed?

I'm doing this on customer's machines (I'm thinking of adding complete defrag as part of my basic AV/Spyware scan/Diskclean up/HD check that I do right now.) The test is just a copy of all the files on the HD to nul, then a defrag, then a copy off all tests to nul.

I don't know how to fragment a drive, so I can't do a synthetic test.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus]