Agree.  I'll say something on the list that is advocating something wrong
(which we normally frown upon).

My kids are gigantic fans of these Disney movies, especially the sequels.
For a while, I lived with it.. they'd end up destroying a disc or two and
I'd just rebuy.

As DVD burners became more common, I basically said: this is ridiculous.  I
keep the originals filed away in my office and let them screw up a copy.
Why would I have any desire to let them have access to destroy it?

While I've never been into downloading movies, etc. (except what I pay for)
copying what I already own to me seems fair game, and I find it somewhat
ridiculous that considering how fragile vs. the cost they are that we don't
have a way around that.

Some studios do get it (example: Veggietales doesn't at all copyprotect
their stuff, and even notes in their DVDs you can copy it to a VHS tape if
you want; kudos to them) some go to insane lengths to stop you.

If you're ripping something you didn't buy, you stole it (simple; and with
stuff like Itunes and direct download from companies so cheap to buy
software, why bother with most?)  but if you're copying what you legally
bought for yourself and not for paid distribution, I'm sorry, but I won't
feel bad about that.

(Also, some of these people need to think about what they are selling; I
understand the profit motive behind selling movies, even TV series.. but it
chaps me a bit to see how much PBS is openly advertised to buy at crazed
cost.. you're a taxpayer supported network, damnit, if you're a  profit
making enterprise - and believe me, freaking BooBah, Sesame Street, etc. all
make outrageous cash - then support your own network with this and get off
the taxpayer's butt.  Either that or drastically lower the cost of your
DVDs.. while I don't buy or copy them, PBS kids stuff.. if I ever ran into
someone who had made copies of all the BS "Aurthur" and other crap, even if
they never purchased them, their tax dollars sure as hell paid for it..)

CW