At 09:03 AM 4/14/2005, Thane Sherrington typed:

True, but history is often a good indicator.

Agreed. I first tried DFI boards when a local B&M store started carrying them. They use to build custom systems to my specs for my clients whenever I needed them to then one day I needed a system & the shit hit the fan. They wanted me to buy one off the shelf then charge me extra for the upgrades but I didn't know about this new policy until I went to pick up the system. I was stuck as the client needed it right away. That system had a DFI board that crapped out & when I went to take it back to the shop where I had gotten it from they had closed their doors for good the day before. The whole company was owned by a young kid that let the idea of being a business owner go to his head. You could tell when he bought a Lincoln Navigator with all the extras & he wouldn't talk to his regulars any more because he was too good. He let some ex Dell exec buy into the company & it was then they started stocking DFI boards. It was only 6 mo later they closed up shop. They had gotten into trouble with MSFT & the IRS at the same time & even tho I had done business with them for 8 yrs I was glad they closed up even tho it meant a buddy of mine lost his job. He quickly found something else & has been on the new job 18 mo now.

Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>