-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Sevart
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 2:41 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: [H] Antec TruePower is OUT

So, I have lost all faith in Antec's power supplies. I have three of them
here...two of them have died in the last two weeks. They exist in different
ZIP codes, so it wasn't a surge. Both are behind UPS. The first simply
stopped providing a high +5v rail, the second went snap, crackle, pop, and
smoke tonight while I was typing an essay. Both were True550's...two dead
within two weeks is enough to scare me away. I was even willing to forgive
the first failure...but not two.

So what did I replace it with? A Seasonic S12 600W. $188 shipped next-day
air from Newegg. I would have liked to have gone with a PCP&C Turbo-Cool
510W, but that would have been >$250 by the time you include next day air
shipping. Sparkle/FSP doesn't make a unit that provided the sort of
current/rail combinations I was looking for.

Luckily, my hard drives appear to have survived the failure. I have no idea
if the motherboard/CPUs/RAM/cards are still OK, as my emergency FSP 400W is
out on loan, and all other power supplies are back at home.

Bleh.

Greg