I suppose that anything is possible, but there was nothing "out of the
ordinary" running at the time I had the problem. The system is on a surge
protector, but not a UPS.  Not sure if this would explain the rapidly
changing symptoms I experienced at different times over the weekend.

> I've had clients bring their systems over to my house
> complaining that the
> thing wouldn't boot then once they got it here it booted just
> fine.

The reason "it happens sometimes," are the words a technician/repairperson
just hate to hear. Don't get me wrong. I am very glad the system is up and
running. I just wish I had a definitive answer to what caused the problem in
the first place so I can avoid the situation in the future.

> Glad to hear it running fine now.  I hear you needed the
> practice anyway. ;-)

>     Wayne D. Johnson

Yeah. For that AMD64 system I NEED to build to replace this unreliable
system ;)

Jim Maki
[EMAIL PROTECTED]