----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 1:54 PM
Subject: RE: [H] NTLDR is missing error & will not boot from cdrom-UPDATE#2

I've had clients bring their systems over to my house complaining that the thing wouldn't boot then once they got it here it booted just fine. I've even had people with laptops complaining about them not booting but when they brought it here they too also booted fine so it's not something analogous to just desktop machines.

I have, over the years had the same situation. The customer's computer would not boot at home but would boot in my shop. The first difference is the computer is hooked to a UPS when it runs on my bench. Secondary differences are the customer's peripherals. I do advise all customers taking home a new computer or computer having had a format job to not hook up any parallel, com port or USB devices until after they are convinced the computer got home ok. Once they know it runs ok and they hook up a peripheral and it refused to boot, it is obvious where the problem is.

Chuck