God I hope this doesn't spark 1,000 emails in reply. I rather not have
these topics discussed on this list

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hayes Elkins
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 10:33 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: RE: [H] [OT] Early Friday off-topic

You know, I'm not a religious person by any means, so the closest iconic

symbol that holds dear to me is the American flag. Every day, this flag
is
publicly burned, spat on, desecrated, and what have you. Does this
prompt me
and thousands of others to riot like violent lunatic assholes? No, and
in
fact I think it's important that we continue to allow these ingrate fire

artisans (at the very least the ones in the US) the right to burn the
flag
as it is an essential freedom (and not because my constitution tells me
so,
it's simply because expressing yourself, however unpopular, should
always be
protected from tyranny, intimidation, and physical violence). The rest
of
the civilized world shows remarkable restraint when symbols held dear to

them are befouled by jihadist piglets, yet look what happens when the
coin
is flipped.

So when I hear that some book takes a bath and 7000 miles away a bunch
of
shitheads decide to react with deadly violence resulting in their own
demise
- BOO HOO. Social Darwinism wins again. I mean really, if flushing a
book is
all it takes to knock off a few violent jihadist thugs then...well
nevermind.