Looking further - where exactly does MGM believe that Grokster is encouraging theft?

http://web.archive.org/web/20010608102522/www.grokster.com/policies.html (this is the earliest archive I could find of theirs) Maybe their partner advertisers were the ones who pushed the evelope in spam emails?

From: "Hayes Elkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. et al. v. Grokster, Ltd.,et al.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:59:17 -0400

What exactly did the Grokster advertisements state? If it was something so blatantly stupid like "download our client to get free pirated movies instead of paying for them" then boo hoo, capitalistic darwinism strikes again.

At some point people here need to realize that 99.9999999999999999999% of what is being downloaded on P2P networks is pirated material, and that is an injustice, no matter how evil you percieve the music/movie industries. P2P software will always be around but companies that are dumb enough to instruct you on how to acquire pirated media deserve zero sympathy.

Should gun companies be allowed to show how to use a firearm to rob a bank? (The 0-60 comparison post is way off the mark)