my source is $144, still way to high.

OK, system builders on the list, what are your sources. Mine has been Buy101 ?
I went to Chucks vendor he recommended but did not want to fill out a credit apt from them to be a partner, I already have a business credit card I use.

FWIW Fry's had a MB/chip and Windows package last week in the add that was like a free OS deal. was tempting.

At 07:51 AM 8/3/2005, Ben Ruset Poked the stick with:
I just looked on NewEgg. XP Pro OEM in a 3 pack works out to $147.65 each. XP Home OEM works out to $89.98. I am sure that the discounts get better from Ingram or TechData, and likely much better if you buy in greater bulk.

joeuser wrote:
Agreed.

FORC5 wrote:

I wish MS would offer these discounts to me. a OEM whitebox builder.
what's next, a waiting period like the brady bill used to  be.

I can not compete on new systems anymore, SW prices are thru the roof. If MS wants to really get rid of pirates they need to lower prices, at least to MS partners that they claim they support, hog wash.
fp

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !