That's interesting...because they're already doing it in parts of Alaska not in the ANWR, using eco-friendly "slimhole" techniques, at a cost of FAR less than $80/barrel. I call BS (on whomever originally claimed it would cost that much).

Greg

----- Original Message ----- From: "Analyst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [H] Gas prices

On 18 Aug 2005 at 7:04, Greg Sevart wrote:

It wouldn't be near $80/barrel.

I had seen testimony from oil drilling firms who stated that because of the difficulty of drilling through permafrost, only having seasonal access (because they can't drive the big rigs over it during the thaw months), and all the extra safeguards to prevent oil spilling in a wildlife protected area, the cost per barrel would be over $80. I assumed they knew of what
they spoke.

Vince