think this will work on w2k ?

try it later, not sure a clean install of XP would not be a better fix.
fred

At 12:14 AM 8/19/2005, Mark Dodge Poked the stick with:
If you can get to this box from another computer rename system config file
and copy the one from repair to system\config and you should get it to
reboot.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545/en-us

Mark Dodge
MD Computers
602-421-0329
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of FORC5
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:55 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] w2k problem

have a w2k box that is erroring on boot ( some kernel not found or what not.
no current repair disk and the cd can not find the OS, even though the
console can ( has been a problem in the past with w2k) have ran chkdsk /r
twice which has worked in the past with no luck, also the normal fixboot and
fixmbr.

anyway to force the repair process to see the darn %systemroot% ?

right now leaning towards wipe and re install, his data is backed up to
another drive.
shame upgrade can not be done from boot. :'( thanks fp

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !

--