At 05:03 PM 20/08/2005, Robert Turnbull wrote:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050820.wxnafta20/BNStory/National/

and they whine, "Why does the world hate us so?"

No offense, but anyone who honestly thought that the US was signing a free trade agreement with Canada for the good of Canada, was smoking crack. Free trade is a tool of the powerful that allows them to give a little to the weak while getting far more. I knew this when Mulroney shoved it down our throats, and I think it's funny that these no-minds are finally figuring this out now.

Yes, the Americans aren't playing fair. But we wouldn't either if we had the power. We knew this when we signed the agreement, but we decided to pretend that it would never happen.