Thanks for that Brian. I haven't used any Linux partitioning tools, but if
they are GUI based I would be able to get my head round them :)

I might actually have a look at BartPE, I think there is a tool called
WinXPLite or something as well that can strip down windows and put it on a
removable device, could be useful to keep around....

Just fired up the Partition logic site though, looks and sounds very
promising.

Had a search for these sorts of things a while ago but came up blank, thanks
for the links.

N.