-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Wayne Johnson
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:29 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] LiveCD question

At 11:03 AM 9/11/2005, Brian Weeden typed:
>But you might also want to take a look at this article
>which uses WinPE to do an  XP install on a USB thumbdrive:
>http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050909/index.html

Sorry but it's not WinPE but rather Bart's PEBuilder aka BartPE. Bart
goes thru great pains to distinguish his product from WinPE on his
website <http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/>. Even Tom seems to indicate
that this procedure is problematic & take from moi'  it is. I've
tried for the past year & have yet to get a successful USB thumbdrive
to even boot not to mention booting BartPE or even my own incarnation aka
XpPe.

   a Windows Xp based
Diagnostic & Recovery CD
  <http://www.xppe.com/>