At 07:03 AM 9/28/2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

If your computer is located where unauthorized people may use it, first hit the Windows Key quickly followed by the L Key (before you switch the monitor off) and you get an instant log off. Whoever switches your monitor on gets the password prompt. This is lots quicker than any procedure that involves mouse clicks starting with "Start." When you turn your monitor on and enter your password you are quickly taken back to normal Windows operations.

When I'm in a location such as you describe & since I couldn't set a bios pwd on their machine then I run an app called secure screen that was developed for XpPe which uses MD5 hash and pseudo random salt to prevent cracking and includes the username in the hash then I do the Win Key L routine afterwards. This alleviates some one walking by that already knows a user pwd on that system from interrupting my work while I'm taking a break.

Is it paranoia when you know that everyone is out to get you? ;-)

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>