----- Original Message ----- From: "FORC5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 2:06 AM
Subject: [H] bummer :(

just upgraded ( thought ) my Pioneer dvr-108 that reliably burned my TDK 8x's at 16
will only do them now at 4 or 6

I love the way DVD burning software operates. It picks the maximum safe burnable speed for you. The rated maximum speed on CD or DVD burning is like the fuel mileage advertised for new vehicles, a joke.

If I have a 40X CD burner, naturally I am not going to leave it set it to burn at the default setting of 40X. I choose 16X or 24X so the burn will be successful and a good accurate burn. For me, choosing the maximum setting that will give me a reliable and accurate burn is guesswork. If I know I have lots of small files I choose 16X and I choose 24X if most of my files are large such as MP3's which each are well over 1 MB.

With DVD burning, just tell it to burn and it handles the choice of speed. Your mileage definitely varied!

Chuck