-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of rls
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:24 PM
To: 'The Hardware List'
Subject: RE: [H] Saving Virtual Drives

Ok, from an OS side of things, ie protection, good clean install etc.

Lets say I do most of my think in WinXP MCE 2005.

So I install WinXP - bare, with the various updates to the primary drive.
Then all the OS on Virtual Drives.

Then all I have to do is make an image of the primary drive to restore basic
WinXP. An then just copy VHD's for each OS - including WinXP 2005 MCE. Then
I just have to recopy the VHD back should I not like the way the current
version is performing, etc.

To take it one step beyond. Lets say I have a nice version of WinXp MCE
2005, rename and copy the VHD and have a second version available to
experiment with. Add programs, settings, etc. anyway, instead of worrying
about uninstalling bad programs or restoring setting, I just go and rename,
copy WinXP MCE again and start with a fresh slate? Right now I went with an
ATI software upgrade that went south, would be nice to start over in a
matter of minutes. Am I missing something?