I have heard that Q4 is basically the same as Doom 3. Lots of dark narrow environments with monsters that jump out at you. Other than the hell level, I didn't care for D3 at all. I'll still get Q4, but in a couple of months when it's $29.95.

I'd have to check the AT boards to recall the issues, onboard firewall I think was one. So I guess just disable and use software. I think the best A8N to get is the premium for the quieter cooling, correct?

To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:28 AM
Subject: RE: [H] OT - Great week for gaming

Nothing wrong with the Asus A8N-SLi that I am aware of.....I have an 3800 X2
running at 2.6GHz on it, rock stable. In fact its the most recomended mobo
(along with the DFI LanParty, despite its pickyness with RAM) on the
www.hexus.net forums, so many have them and none are reporting an
issue.....odd.
What are the specific NF4 problems they are talking about?

On the games front; I received FEAR a few days ago but haven't had the
chance to install it yet :( Although I played the SP demo and really enjoyed
that.

Q4 I have on order but have the feeling that I am not going to like it
AGAIN. I think if its as weak as the last 2, then it will be the last ID
game I buy until they can prove that they can do something else other then
design game engines for other companies to buy.

Regards,

Jason Tozer
Database Analyst
London