Go to the Promise web site and download the last TX2 Ultra 133 BIOS and driver for your card and that may be all there is to it. I recently did the same for my TX2 Ultra 100 and saw a definite improvement in performance. @:D>

Winterlight wrote:
I have a new build on a new MSI K8N Neo-V Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250. I have flashed it to the latest BIOS.

It runs fine until I put in a Promise TX2 Ultra 133 with drives.. This PCI Promise TX2, with it's drives, was working fine in the previous board, I pulled it out, put it in the MSI and hooked up two PATA drives. The PC POSTs, all be it slowly, but then it won't boot, even to a floppy.

I see all the drives, everything appears to be normal, I have no errors, it just ends up at a flashing cursor. Or in the case of a floppy I see....

"verifying DMI Pool Data"

..... and then it hangs.

If I remove the drives from the Promise, but leave the Promise in the board, then it boots. It doesn't matter what hard drive is plugged into the Promise, if there is a drive in either channel, it won't boot.

However If I install a single LiteOn DVD R/W into either Primary or Secondary channel on the Promise ...then it boots.

I am using all PATA and have SATA and RAID disabled. I have set up boot order correctly.
Everything appears to be OK. What am I missing.