Steve Gibson had a suggestion on Security Now that if one wants to run a secure wireless network for personal use at home, and an open wireless network for visitors or Xbox/Tivo that one do the following:

Modem---->Wired Router------>Wireless Router with WEP

                Open Wireless Router.

This is supposed to protect from ARP poisoning.

Here's my question. If I had a wired LAN coming through a router, and connected a Wireless router to the wired router so I had only one Wireless LAN, would people connecting to it be able to hack the wired LAN?

In other words, if it looked like this:
Modem---->Wired Router------>Open Wireless Router

                Wired LAN I want to protect

Wouldn't the wired router protect me from sniffing and ARP poisoning in the wired LAN?