Yeah, IE 6 was not included in W2K, you have to upgrade. Just visit Microsoft.com and visit their IE page.
Google yields the following:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:18:25, dhs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Somehow during my re-install of W2Ksp4 and all the remaining critical updates, I find that the
Microsoft VM (virtual machine) of the IE6.0 browser is missing.  Is this normal?

If not, is there a dl link to recover it?  Will a repair install for IE6.0 bring it back?
There are web sites I visit where "some sort of Java" is needed to do business.

I do realize that many feel the MS VM and Sun Java can be a security hole, but at this
point, I'm just trying to either get the MS VM back, or, try the Sun JRE.
Things like banking and info retrieval are a major part of life for me online.

I am aware of past skirmishs 'tween Sun and MS regarding Java code issues.
Opinions of the Sun Microsystem JRE for Windows (~16MB)?

General opinions/ideas?

Thank you,
Duncan

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net

--
-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!