>From the man himself. He pretty much says a rootkit can be unbreakable. Once
>your at the kernel mode it has that power to be unbreakable if its smart
>enough. From what I hear the newer versions of windows and processors will
>protect more against just anything accessing kernel mode.

"Is there a sure-fire way to know of a rootkit's presence?
In general, not from within a running system. A kernel-mode rootkit can control
any aspect of a system's behavior so information returned by any API, including
the raw reads of Registry hive and file system data performed by
RootkitRevealer, can be compromised. While comparing an on-line scan of a
system and an off-line scan from a secure environment such as a boot into an
CD-based operating system installation is more reliable, rootkits can target
such tools to evade detection by even them.

The bottom line is that there will never be a universal rootkit scanner"