At 05:36 2/15/2006, Thane Sherrington (S) wrote:
>I know a guy who lives in the boonies in a cluster of about ten
>houses (all within 500 feet of each other.)  He was thinking of
>getting satellite internet to his house and connect it to a router
>and put an omni-directional antenna on his house to share the service
>with the houses within range.  Does anyone have experience with
>something like this and can you recommend a provider, equipment, etc?

Satellite has a spotty record at best.  On good days, when it
actually works, you can get about 128 kbps.

So, to create a wireless network with unreliable technology
is probably an futile exercise.  I hope it works
for him, but he'll probably disappointed.

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/
$8.77 Domain Names -> http://domains.us-webmasters.com/