On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Thane Sherrington (S) wrote:

At 10:49 AM 15/02/2006, Christopher Fisk wrote:

Personally I just do the safe method on backups, I have an easy way of making ghost backups, so I just ghost the drive to a spare I have on the bench for the process, then I can be sure I won't miss any data, because I'm not losing any data. And as for settings, if I need I can boot up and find out what they were.

How long does it take you to do all that, and what do you charge?

We charge hourly, for what we call keyboard time. The Ghost takes approximately 5-10 minutes keyboard time, then we start from there. That way we can also return the machine to the state it was when we received it, if need be.

Christopher Fisk