By any chance do you have the K-Lite CODEC pack installed?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Winterlight
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:43 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Nero 7 problem

I have had a audio Nero 7 problem . I have a retail Nero 7 that I have
continuously updated as versions became available, hoping that a update
would resolve the problem.

  I have tried Nero 7 on two computers, both of which have had Nero 6 on
them. Both computers have 52 speed Lite on CDRW and one has a NEC DVD
burner while the other has a new Ben-Q lightscribe DVD burner. So I have
done this on four different burners. My point is that this is not a
hardware problem.

I have installed Nero 7 on both computers XP PRO SP2 fully patched. I just
tried it again on a brand new build on one of those computers, with the
same exact problem.

I have no problem burning data DVDs with Nero 7. I haven't tried video yet
because I don't use Nero for video and I want to figure out the audio
problem first.

When I burn an audio CD from mp3s, Nero 7 reduces the track size on some,
but not all, of the mp3s. This results in missed passages during playback.
I don't know why it decides which one's to reduce or what is causing this.

I have a Xmas CD play list I made back in the Napster years. I have burned
many copies of this, with Nero versions going back to 4, and never had a
problem with the burn until Nero 7. The same play list burns perfectly
under Nero 6 on the same computers.

It's a 10meg download, but here is the last track on the CD with both a
good Nero 6 rip and a bad Nero 7 rip... you can hear what I am talking
about.

www.winterlight.org/badburn.zip

5,669,242 Nero6.mp3
3,778,103 Nero7.mp3

Notice the way Nero7 has reduced the size of the mp3

This must be something to do with Nero 7 re-encoding the mp3, but what? I
haven't touched any of the default settings.

Anybody have any ideas what is going on?