-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Winterlight
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:45 PM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: RE: [H] Nero 7 problem

At 11:24 AM 2/23/2006, you wrote:
>By any chance do you have the K-Lite CODEC pack installed?

Nope, this last attempt was a brand new XP PRO build, I haven't even
installed the ATI All in Wonder drivers yet. There is nothing about this
new build, or old hardware, that could be causing the problem. I thought it
was some kind of Nero setting that was off, or maybe some unknown mp3
protection that Nero 6 was ignoring.  I am using default settings, and Nero
6 has no problems with the play lists I am trying to burn.

I like the interface changes on Nero 7, and I paid for it, which is why I
keep trying to make it work, I have never heard back from Nero tech, but
now that I see that Brian has also had problems, it looks to me that 7
can't be trusted, and I hate that in software.

One thing I have always disliked about Nero, is it's poor intuitive ease of
use, the lack of any real help files, the lack of online support,... so
that when you have a problem it is very difficult to work your way though
it. Lack of a decent working help file in a retail version sucks.

I have, however, used Nero since about version 4 BUT I have never
recommended it to friends or family because unless you know what you are
doing it is hard to use. Lots of features and settings, almost none of
which are important to your average burner.... even me .... I don't need
those settings. I just want to burn a clean copy right now, with ease, and
move on. Hardware, and Media are very cheap and very good now, I don't need
to tweak it anymore.

I have given up here. I am going to put 7 aside, take my beating, and
consider trying
EZCD again. When I used EZCD 6 I really liked it, ease of use, very
reliable, good help file, lots of online support. I don't quite remember
why I switched.