Going from AGP to PCI-E right? Could the agpgart thing be hanging around causing this? Wild guess here. Good to here from you Kyle. :)

At 2/28/2006 10:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hey guys,
Nice to see the list is still running - I've been away for a *long* time :( I applied for voluntary separation plan at my work yesterday though, so maybe I'll get back into this a little (going back to running my business full time instead of 2 careers)...

Anyway, I'm having an odd problem that I'm hoping someone may have some experience with. I upgraded my Win XP PC w/o reinstalling the OS (went from nForce 2 Ultra to nForce 4 Ultra board) - I don't really have a choice. Everything works fine, except for this nagging issue. Games play fine and frame rate is high, but I get stutters in games (pause for a split second then jerk forward). Oddly enough, the same thing happens when playing DVDs in PowerDVD and videos in Windows Media Player! :( Another odd issue is that my desktop icons get refreshed occasionally and are slow to redraw... I have the latest mobo drivers, video card drivers, DirectX (reports no problems), etc. Here's my config:
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
Athlon 64 Venice 3500+
EVGA 7800 GT
2 GB Geil PC3200 2-3-2-5
was using onboard sound - about to try my old Audigy
2 older IDE drives, 1 SATA, 2 IDE optical drives

BTW, I did use DriverCleaner Pro to clean the cabs, clean for NVIDIA motherboard / video, and clean Creative... I've tried different versions of the video drivers as well. TTYL,
        --Kyle Yamnitz
          Your Basic Computer Hardware Page:
                http://www.BasicHardware.com
          The Lesson Plans Page: