FROM:

"But I'm not about to feel guilty for buying and driving a vehicle I like and
can afford."

Paraphrase:

Of the things to consider, the environment is not a factor. I have the
bucks and I want it. After all, it's all about me.

"Until then (the pie in the shy perfect electric car), I'm going to buy
vehicles with big fat V8's."

I have a justification for my excess, because there is no alternative I
like. Because it's all about me, remember?

I don't feel guilty. Not one bit. With regards to the environment, I'm in the process of buying a new car with a bit fat V8 that meets ULEV/ULEV-II emissions standards. It emits less pollution than small displacement four or six cylinder motors of just a few years ago. That's more than good enough to let me sleep at night.

Are you saying I should spend tens of thousands to buy an inferior vehicle that I won't like? That's asinine. I may have "pie in the sky" requirements before alternative energy cars are appealing to me, yes, but you have "pie in the sky" requirements about life itself.

I'm a big advocate for non-fossil-fuel sourced energy. I wish that PZEV/ZEV vehicles existed that could meet my basic requirements. And someday, they will--and I'll be the first in line to buy one.