The scenario: My friend just ended up really messing up her external HDD.
She was using it to free up some space on her laptop. She just transferred
all her iTunes purchased music collection onto it and now it seems they are
lost. She has space on her computer's main HDD. She ended up doing something
that it ended up being completely reformatted.

The question: Will she be able to connect her iPod and copy all her music
back onto her computer? This is the same computer she used to upload
everything in the first place, except now the original music files are gone.
The only copies now remain on her iPod. She wants to copy everything back.
Or, will she need to hack the ipod to get her music files outta there?

I don't have an iPod and she's not too computer savvy (hence the accidental
reformat) so I'd appreciate some feedback before I help her out. Thanks all.