Starting with DOS, then Win9x as what the customer base is used to?

Point is that bugs & usability are the "root" culprit. Any user friendly OS is going to have at least a similar problem.

Even the touted "exploit & virus free" Mac's are finally get attention for the black hats and my guess will prove to have many flaws also.

In Psychology they have a label *which escapes me* for looking back at things and saying cause & effect are obvious (common called 20/20 hindsight?). Exploits are as old as the computer and will never go away given the growing complexity of software.

I do like how IE on 2003 defaults to restricted for each new domain and allows you to then trust it. Very much like how I was running it before I switched to FF.