What DNS server was being used? SBC (now AT&T) is migrating to an anycast DNS setup, using two new DNS server IPs (68.94.156.1 and 68.94.157.1) across the entire network....and old IPs are slowly getting turned off. While it is unlikely that turned-down IPs would be sent out, it is possible that it happened somehow.

A long shot, but possible.

Greg

----- Original Message ----- From: "rls" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'The Hardware List'" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:51 PM
Subject: [H] DNS issues

I was unable to connect to the internet with one of my computers, (a new
account with SBC) and their 2 bit 4100 modem.

Anyway, moved the modem over to my main box and wham, was able to get right
out. The tech suggested I had a DNS issues with that other computer.

Where should I start my hunt?

Thanks