Just a simple thought here.. I just got the Dell 2005 and really like it. I'm using the DVI connector. Had to upgrade my video card to nVidia's 7800 GS OC, their best AGP card. I had to RMA the first one due to backlight issues, but the second one is fone. No dead pixels on either one.

Can't provide info on HD performance...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Winterlight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:25 PM
Subject: [H] time for a LCD

One of my CRT 21 inch monitors hit the dust a couple of days ago, so I am going to replace it with a LCD. I am thinking one of the 20 or maybe 30 inch Dells I hear so much about. But I am concerned about the new video standards that monitors need for HD. I don't want to do this now only to find that everything changes in six months, and my new LCD is dated. I can wait if I have to.... or is it much of a issue?

Can anybody, who is familiar with the issues, break this down for me. And any thoughts on 20 inch and 30 inch LCDs. Thanks