The game is buggy, see if there are any update patches.

Bobby Heid wrote:

Hi all,

I finally got and installed my 7800GS AGP video card. With the benchmarks below, there was some beautiful graphics. I was amazed.

Compared to my TI 4200, this thing flies. My 3dmark 03 scores went from 1700 to 13097. For completeness, my 3smark 2005 score is 5561 and 06 is 2893. Aquamark before was 16272, after 61484. Not too bad of a jump. LOL.

Now, my question. In MS Combat FS 3, I will be playing and then lose video after about 2-3 minutes. And the sound starts looping. I have to reset the machine to get it back. The same thing happened with another game (can't remember which game now). It plays Quake III fine.

I have an Antec Truepower 480 watt PS. I have 4 HDs, 4 case fans, 1 floppy, and 2 DVD burners. The 12V lead connected to the 7800GS was connected to a 120MM fan and the two DVD drives. I disconnected the 120mm fan and the card still did the same thing in CFS 3.

My first thought is that the card is not getting enough power. What do you all think? Think I need to upgrade the PS?

Without a game running, the APC monitor shows a draw of about 250-270 watts.

Thanks,
Bobby