Well it was just a thought.

My HTPC is currently running:

nForce2 mobo
Athlon 2500+
1GB DDR
GeForce 6600GT
LSI MegaRAID
6 250GB Barracuda SATA drives in a RAID 5

It works pretty good, except that I am starting to run out of space
just from the TV shows I have saved.  I only have about 20 of my ~400
DVDs on the disk.  Everything on the drives is xvid encoded to save
space.

I would much prefer to have my DVDs ripped as vobs so I can play them
back with ffdshow.  Much better quality than xvid, as good as that
codec is.  But that would require approximately 2.5TB for the movies
and probably another 1 TB for TV shows.  And a much beefier processor
to handle the quality enhancerment of ffdshow.

I need to upgrade the drive space - 6 750GB drives in a RAID 5 would
give about 3TB.  I would much prefer to have the RAID card running at
full 64-bit bandwidth to handle that.  So here is what I am looking at
(in a dream world) for my new HTPC:

Core2 Duo
2 GB DDR2
Intel mobo (?)
2 LSI MegaRAID cards
6 250 GB drives
4 750 GB drives

I figure I can host the TV shows on one RAID and Movies on the other RAID.

Should only be about $2500 :)
--
Brian