if anything Vista is slower, needs at least 1gig ram etc. The first build I put
in was a real dog and it came back out the same day. FWIW I am running it on a
AMD 2400 and did bump the ram to 1 gig on a WD SATA 250gb drive. All of my
systems are behind the power curve, <:-|

successive builds have gotten a lot better and there are a few things I like (
and some I do no not )  They even inspect your system and adjust the extra slow
down crap accordingly sort of like games do. INstall routine is more mature.

That said, I see no improvement in Vista for getting actual work done ( like
they claim ) Best I can say is right now making a backup bootable clone is
difficult. I am beta testing standby disk and it works on the x86 version but
IMO Vista is more about piracy then anything else. I would say to MS the same
thing I say to phone company's, make the product better,. I need to be able to
backup my system and/or at least be able to move it to a new HD when that need
arises.
fp

At 11:14 PM 10/7/2006, Raul Limos Poked the stick with:

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !