I'm going to take this to the "next level" for Chuck.

Running with NO hard drive only proves that "can" be done,
and that nothing from the original "system" hard drive is needed
to "get access" to what ever "other hardware" will be found...
(Remember, this is all done IN the original system --- never
even opening the case...)

In a real world senerio, you would leave the original HD hooked
up and boot from the XPPE CD...
Data recovery can be done to a USB flash/key drive, or (if XPPE
was "built" with it) Nero "on-board" (installed on the XPPE bootCD),
using a CD/DVD burner, if available. (For lots and lots of stuff.)

As far as the original question, when running as the XPPE Admin,
I can only ass-u-me that ALL files would be available unless they
were encrypted... (I don't bother with that sort of thing as I never
wanted to be "locked out" of my own stuff...)

BTW, It was me telling Wayne I ran with no HD...  I was testing
two CPUs for freezing, and did not want to corrupt the HD, so I left
it un-hooked and booted with XPPE for testing...

                                       Rick Glazier

chuck typed:
Remember, I most often do not get to work on their computer until after their data has become protected and after it will no longer boot into Windows.