On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Thane Sherrington wrote:

At 02:02 PM 13/12/2006, Greg Sevart wrote:
I've found that the best approach is to use the online chat, and simply
state that the drive has failed, you need a replacement under the warranty,
and that you are capable of installing the replacement yourself. In my
cases, they've just sent out a replacement drive overnight air (with return
label) with no hassles.

So you just tell them that the drive is complete dead?  That's not a bad idea.

What I do is just write up a nice long paragraph detailing all the troubleshooting I did, what tools I used to troubleshoot, the results of said troubleshooting and say you need a replacement drive under warranty.

Have never had a problem with the online chat other than it taking awhile for them to give you tracking numbers and stuff, but I think that's because they use a slow internal ticket tracking system more than anything else.

Christopher Fisk
--
You know you're using the computer too much when: you don't even realize you have typed a space, so you some times type two.
        -- Lews_Therin