holy cow!  That stuff can happen to anyone at any time, it's scary.

----- Original Message ----- From: "CW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 9:48 AM
Subject: RE: [H] Trapped in a hostage situation

Yes.

Our office is at: 5101 Merriam Dr.

Look at where this happened:

---------------------------------------
Two men shot, suspect sought in Merriam carjacking attempts

Two men were shot at separate Merriam businesses this morning by a man apparently trying to steal a vehicle.

The first shooting happened shortly after 9 a.m.

Police said a man tried to steal a truck from Stone Solutions, a paving company in the 5100 block of Merriam Drive. In the course of that attempted theft, one man was shot in the shoulder at the business, said Lt. Mike Daniels with the Merriam Police Department. It was not known if he was an employee of the business.

The man then tried to steal a car from in front of another business, Ryukyu Martial Arts, 5005 Merriam Drive. A second man was shot at that business. The suspect fled in the car.

Right across the street. Talk about a way to f*(& up my day! We're still semi-boxed in, though police are allowing some traffic through.