At 02:14 PM 12/27/2006, you wrote:
In all seriousness. If I compared the number of people that we had bring us borked machines with mcafee or norton to those with borked machines and avast... No AV software is perfect but I would trust Avast over Norton (non corp) any day. While Symantecs corporate product is good, their desktop product is worthless. Avast's small frequent updates, boot-time pre-os scan and other functions make it one of the better av softs I've tried. Period

CW

Avast is very popular but I prefer the interface to ATIVIR, and in PCWORLD run offs ATIVIR did better then Avast. Both are free, both have been around for about the same amount of time.