From: "Thane Sherrington"
I believe that PeaceTree is a true double entry book keeping programs (like Simply Accounting) and Quicken and Quickbooks are just personal finance programs.

I don't think so...  According to (and I have heard it other places):
http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/software/quicken.html

*> QuickBooks is not an improved or expanded version of Quicken, nor vice-versa.
*>They are two quite different packages designed for two different types of
users.
*>Quicken is a personal finance package, aimed at the home user, or perhaps a
very
*>small business. To make it easier for people with no bookkeeping background,
*>Quicken hides all the debits, credits and other accounting stuff. QuickBooks,
*>however, is more of a traditional double-entry accounting package, with
support
*>for things like invoicing, payroll, sales tax and other business-oriented
features.

QuickBooks Pro (and up) also has time tracking.

While they are similar, they are very different... Some of the coolest stuff
in Quicken was not in QuickBooks until much later. (So the feature sets can
be misleading and confusing...)