Sorry, I meant for this to go to the list.

Bobby

  _____

From: Bobby Heid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:44 AM
To: 'Lubomír Cabla'
Subject: RE: [H] Anyone know about C# and ADO.Net/Databinding with an Access
db?

Thanks for the link.  I am using VS 2005, not 2003.  A lot has changed since
then.

What I am stuck at is this:

I need to process the RowUpdated event when inserting a record so that I can
query the db with an @@IDENTITY to retrieve the autonumber field on the
newly inserted record.  The problem is that I am using a a strongly-typed
dataset which uses tableadapters.  All is well, except, the tableadapters do
not have the OnRowUpdated event, which is what is needed to use the
@@IDENTITY method.  The datadapter does have this.

Now, some of the stuff I have found suggests creating a partial class for
the tableadapters and expose the non-exposed adapter class that is in the
tableadapter class.  But they do not show how to do this.  And neither do I,
LOL.

I have parent-child relationships so I can't just do dataset.update to write
the changes back to the datasource.

Thanks,
Bobby

  _____