Data is not truly unlimited anyway so PC card might
not be worth the $$$
anyway.

Personally I won't use Verizon if the phone has their
customized (read
bastardized) firmware like the Razr does. The
Smartphones running
windows mobile might not have that issue though.

Analog service is a non-issue since most phones do
AMPS as fallback.

I prefer GSM services like Cingluar but they can be an
issue in
backwater places where only Verizon has good coverage.

Wayne Johnson wrote:
> At 15:10 03-21-2007, Anthony Q. Martin typed:
>> Aren't digital only phones going to be more limited
in terms of
>> cross-country coverage? Not that I travel that
much, but when I do
>> travel I do tend to use the phone more then.
>
> Slightly, yes but usually you have to be out in the
sticks.

> If you want to do any research on phones &/or plans
then I would check
<http://www.phonescoop.com/>.

> FWIW I have a Samsung A930 that I like a lot but
it's not a Smart Phone
> therefore I don't have the added data fee so the
final bill is less than
> $50/mo instead of $80 plus tax etc. etc.  I would
love to have a data
> only PC Card for my laptop but don't have the $$$ &
can't really justify
> it even if I did.

>    Wayne D. Johnson
> Ashland, OH, USA 44805