Absolutely true. If you're transferring contacts from one phone to another
phone, VZW will do that for you right in the store. No problem. Others prefer to
transfer from their Outlook Contact List on the PC to their new device which can
easily be done using USB and Avtivesync.

Verizon also has this really cool thing called VZWSync. It is a web-based
application. You log on using your phone number and a password. It is
essentially a mirror of all your device settings and data. It shows your email,
contacts, calendar, memos and a To-Do list. If I'm lazy, I log on, enter a new
contact and it automatically syncs/enters the same data on my phone.

Bill