> >GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
> - Retail
> >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115003

This is a good board to be sure, but I don't understand why you aren't
considering a 650i or 680i-based solution...

I knew this would happen, I was just too curious NOT to go in and look
a little deeper at the nvidia flavors. Which got me thinking. SINCE I
am going with an  nvidia 8800GTX would I be best suited with something
like an NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI type mother board.

I wouldnt need the 680i since if I did a skosh of overclocking it would be news.

You know, shoot -- this is a big investment and I can wait another day
or two to hear peoples input based on their experiences.