Hello Brian,

Friday, May 11, 2007, 7:40:17 AM, you wrote:

> I have had both a nano and a shuffle and love them.  My wife has a
> normal iPod.  I personally believe that there is nothing better.  If
> you want to have something small and easy to carry, go with a nano.
> If you need to keep your whole collection with you at all times and/or
> like to watch video go with a normal iPod.  If you are a runner I
> highly recommend the iSport kit for the nano.

Well that's one of the reasons I am getting an mp3 player. I will ride
a stationary bike. I like the nano and shuffle - they are small.
However, I rather not mess around putting music on and off the unit
much. I don't get much time on the family iMac - the family does.

> There are people out there who still insist that iPods can't play
> mp3s.  That is complete crap.  The only thing they don't play is the
> Microsoft copy protected wmv.  So the music you buy from stores that
> use the wmv format will not be compatible with your iPod just like the
> songs you guys from the iTunes music store will not be compatible with
> players other than the iPod.

I avoid wm* when at all possible. Still trying to find a convertor to
take wma to mp3. The majority of my music is mp3 and went over from my
PC to Mac with iTunes just fine. I assume I can plug in the iPod to
iTunes and import to it - regardless of format?

> Also realize that there are many other options for software to manage
> your library and iPod other than iTunes.  The only reason to use
> iTunes is if you want to buy music from the iTunes music store.  Other
> than that I don't really like it.  I personally use MediaMonkey on my
> PC but there are a ton of other options.  Just do some Googling.  The
> downside to not using iTunes on a Mac is that other software won't be
> as integrated into the whole iLife thing either.

I torrent or use SoulSeek to obtain my music. iLife is something I
could care less about. Does MediaMonkey run on OS X or is it just PC?
You use it to work with your iPod on your PC?

> Oh, and I would really suggest you get yourself a copy of the
> Handbrake program.  Hands-down the best multiformat ripper and
> transcoder for getting content off discs and onto your Mac/iPod.  And
> it's free.

Thanks. Right now I use my PC's to get my music; either I download it
or use MusicMatch to burn from cda to mp3.

--
Regards,
 joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...