I'm not talking about the bootstrap loader & settings
NVRAM, I am
talking about the code to run the configuration
interface FOR the BIOS.
Choice of boot device happens w/o the software via the
hardware BIOS
reset jumper, but no further control over settings w/o
the hidden
partition's program.

I know this from having run in to and a for one of the
few times in my
life being forced to contact TS to understand WTF to
do! Stupid idea, yes?

Gary VanderMolen wrote:
> I removed the hidden partition on my son's Compaq
laptop
> without any ill effects. I do all partition work
with BootIt NG.

> It doesn't make sense to put BIOS code on the HD
because
> a PC needs to be able to start the boot process from
the BIOS
> even when the HD is defective, or in case you want
to boot
> from a CD or floppy disk.
>
> Gary VanderMolen

actually has all of
> the code for the BIOS or some utilities on it. You
may not want to get
> rid of it.

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/