-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thane
Sherrington
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 5:24 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] Glossy LCD screens

At 05:48 AM 06/06/2007, Hunter, Gary wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Looking at the ACER LCD's they come in glossy and matt finishes. I have

>two lapops a IBM T42 with a matt screen and a Dell Inspiron 700m with a

>glossy screen. I prefer the matt screen as you don't get any
>reflections. So I am thinking of getting the matt LCD monitor. Are
>there any benefits I am missing on the glossy screens?

Pictures look better on the glossy screen (better colour) but the glare
is a problem.

The information in this electronic mail message is sender's
business Confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is
intended solely for the addressee(s).  Access to this Internet
electronic mail message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. The sender
believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of
any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when
sent. This message and its attachments could have been
infected during  transmission. By reading the message and
opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about
viruses and other defects. Travelport Inc. is not liable for any loss
or damage arising in any way from this message or its
attachments.