From: "Hayes Elkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:51:15
To:hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Integrated Intel graphics has come a long way...

Been using a 965 board with the GMA x3000 IGD. Even though Quake 3 Arena is
8 years old, the fact I can play it at 1280x1024 32bpp at 82fps is amazing.
Of course it sucks for anything current but that is leaps and bounds better
than anything prior.

Intel just released a "pre-beta" XP driver for the x3000 that enables
*hardware* T&L. Its performance is about the same but you can now play games
that you could not play prior on the IGD because they check for T&L.
Something modest like Temple of elemental evil plays great. They claim
Oblivion runs on it, but I am not that brave...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?&DwnldID=13515

Though I'm now on greener pastures (8800 Ultra), it was a fun experiment for
me, and the GMA stuff will only get better. The upcoming G35 chipset
partnered with the GMA x3500 is supposed to be a very capable hardware DX10
part. I have no doubt with the money Intel is pouring into their Larrabee
project that this nextgen GPU with 32(?!?!) cores will make NVIDIA and
DAAMIT sweat bullets.

Who's that on the Red Carpet? Play & win glamorous prizes.
http://club.live.com/red_carpet_reveal.aspx?icid=REDCARPET_hotmailtextlink3